Stretching and flexibility
Having flexibility in your muscles allows for more movements around the joints and you can achieve this with a stretching workout. Stretching after your workout, when your muscles are warm and pliable, is a great way to increase flexibility and keep your body protected from injury.
Stretching is one way to keep the body flexible, especially the muscles that are tight as a result of bad posture. Although stretching is typically the most overlooked part of an exercise routine, it’s an important one and, for many of us, the best part of the workout.
Why Should You Stretch?
- You’ll improve your performance and reduce your risk of injury
- You’ll reduce muscle soreness and improve your posture
- You’ll help reduce lower back pain
- You’ll increase blood and nutrients to the tissues
- You’ll improve your coordination
- You’ll enjoy exercise more and help reduce stress